Our Firm follows a long-established tradition that began in the late 19th century when Demetrio Petra graduated as Attorney-at-Law and Doctor of Jurisprudence at Universidad de Buenos Aires (UBA). Many years later he was appointed Justice of the Supreme Court of Justice of Mendoza in recognition of his brilliant career.
His grandson, Julio Demetrio Petra graduated from Universidad Nacional del Litoral in 1971. Julio Demetrio Petra practiced law uninterruptedly until 1993. He established his own practice and worked as an outside counsel to major Mendocinian companies like Carbometal S.A. and Cristalerías de Cuyo S.A., focusing on employment, business, and civil law. In addition to this, he held important public offices. He was Solicitor General in the Department of Justice of the Province of Mendoza and then Federal Judge of the Federal Court of Appeals from 1993 to March 2012, when he retired. At present, Julio Demetrio Petra is consulting-partner at PETRA CREMASCHI ABOGADOS.
Juan Ignacio Petra Cremaschi (our founding partner) is the third generation to keep the family tradition alive. He opened this Law Firm in Mendoza in 2015 and then a branch office in the city of Buenos Aires in 2019. Juan Ignacio earned his law degree at Universidad de Congreso in 2008 and, since then, has completed several graduate courses in law, business, and finance both in Argentina and overseas (United Kingdom).
In 2016, Juan Ignacio headed a public-private trade mission that travelled from Mendoza to London (United Kingdom). The delegation was made up by Argentine businessmen, professionals, and public officials.
At present, Juan Ignacio Petra Cremaschi serves as Legal Secretary for Mendoza’s Association of Executive Officers and as Deputy Arbiter of the Arbitration Tribunal of the Stock Exchange of Mendoza. He also teaches Corporate Law at UMSA University (Universidad del Museo Social Argentino) and is a member of the British Argentine Chamber of Commerce based in London. In addition to this, Juan Ignacio Petra Cremaschi has a seat on the board of local companies as Legal Director.
As an attorney-at-law, Dr. Juan Ignacio Petra Cremaschi offers expert legal advice to clients during their regular course of business and in complex legal proceedings, always considering the business and financial objectives of his clients.
Dr. Juan Ignacio Petra Cremaschi has offered sophisticated solutions to many complex cases. Among others, we can highlight the following activities:
- Legal advice throughout the process of buying and selling stock (e.g., preliminary negotiations; drafting confidentiality, purchase, and shareholders’ agreements; letters of intent, due diligence, etc.).
- Drafting agreements to obtain corporate financing.
- Legal advice for local or foreign banking or financing institutions before Court and government agencies.
- Tailored legal and corporate advice to fit client’s needs and help them meet corporate law and comptroller’s rules.
- Preparing legal opinions on complex corporate, commercial, and civil law matters.
- Corporate and business advice to Company Directors and Boards of Directors of non-profit associations.
- Legal advice to foreign companies and groups interested in FDI opportunities in Argentina.
- Legal Advice on complex litigation.
- Defense in labor law actions and advice to Employers before Court and government agencies.
His professional performance has been commended in major Argentine business newspapers like Clarin and Cronista Comercial, as well as in foreign publications due to his participation in complex cases and business transactions. He has also published articles in legal journals.
Juan Ignacio Petra Cremaschi was a keynote speaker before the Embassy of Argentina in London on behalf of Mendoza’s Executive Association (2016).