Dr. Juan Ignacio Petra Cremaschi
He is the founding partner of the law firm Petra Cremaschi Abogados. Petra Cremaschi Abogados opened its first office in the city of Mendoza in 2015 and then a second office in the city of Buenos Aires (CABA) in 2018.
He gives legal advice to his clients on a broad range of legal, financial, and business matters:
- Legal advice throughout the process of buying and selling shares in companies (drafting share sale and purchase agreements, letters of intent, shareholders’ agreements, due diligence, etc.).
- Drafting agreements for corporate financing (working capital loans and/or investment projects).
- Legal advice for local or foreign banking or financing institutions before Court and government agencies.
- Tailored legal and corporate advice to fit client’s needs and help them meet corporate law and comptroller’s rules.
- Preparing legal opinions on complex corporate and commercial issues.
- Corporate and business advice to Company Directors and Boards of Directors of non-profit associations.
- Legal advice to foreign companies interested in FDI opportunities in Argentina.
- Filing precautionary measures and taking part in complex legal proceedings related to trademark infringement before the Federal Courts of Argentina.
- Representing export companies before the Federal Courts of Argentina in complex tax cases aimed at recovering tax credits.
- Legal advice on the creation of trusts; handling foreclosure actions in Court as trustee.
- Defense in labor law actions and advice to Employers before Court and government agencies.
His professional performance has been commended in major Argentine business newspapers like Clarin and Cronista Comercial, as well as in other local and foreign publications.
In 2006 he spoke before the Embassy of Argentina in London on behalf of Mendoza’s Executive Association.
He has published author opinions in legal journals and has been referenced in rulings on the basis of this experience and performance in different cases.
- Graduation as Attorney-at-Law (2008 – UC)
- Postgraduate Course in Digital Transformation of Latin American Firms at IE LAW SCHOOL (Spain-Madrid).
- Master’s Degree in Business (London Metropolitan University and West London College)
- Graduate Studies in Corporate Law (Universidad de Mendoza).
- Certified Financial Advisor (Argentine Institute of Financial Executives – IAEF; and Spanish Institute of Financial Analysts)
- Diploma in Corporate Law (UA)
- Graduate Course in Corporate Law (Universidad Austral)
- Graduate Course in Mergers & Acquisitions (Universidad Torcuato Di Tella)
- At present: Master of Laws (Universidad Austral, Buenos Aires) –
Languages: Spanish and English
Offices and Positions held:
- Teacher in the Chair of Corporate Law at the Universidad del Museo Social Argentino -Buenos Aires– (UMSA).
- President of The Tiqué Advisory SAS
- Deputy Arbitrator of the Arbitration Tribunal of Mendoza’s Stock Exchange (Argentina).
- Secretary of Mendoza Executive Association (AEM)
- Chairman of Falcon Advisory S.A. (Falcon Capital).
- Legal Officer at OnLegal S.A.S.
- Member of the British-Argentine Chamber of Commerce (BACC).
María Daniela Sampedro (Attorney-at-law)
- Law Firm Counsel. Undergraduate education at Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina.
- Diploma course (graduate course) in Social Security Law at Universidad Nacional de Cuyo.
- Course on Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution. Mendoza’s Bar Association. (March 2018)
- International exams: Cambridge English FCE (B2-) and TOEFL test.
- Languages: Spanish and English
Julio Demetrio Petra (Legal Counsel)
- Juan Demetrio Petra graduated from the School of Law of Universidad Nacional del Litoral in 1971.
- From 1971 to 1993 he practiced law uninterruptedly in his own practice and as an outside counsel to major Mendocinian companies like Carbometal S.A. and Cristalerías de Cuyo S.A., focusing on employment, business, and civil law.
- From 1983 to 1985 he served as Solicitor General [C1] in the Province of Mendoza.
- From 1985 to 1989 he served as Permanent Director of the bank Banco de Mendoza.
- He served as Federal Judge for the Federal Court of Appeals of Mendoza from 1993 to March 2012, when he retired.
- At present, Julio is consulting-partner at PETRA CREMASCHI ABOGADOS.
Carolina Calello (External Tax Consultant)
- Certified Public Accountant by the School of Economic Sciences of the University of Buenos Aires (year of graduation: 1990).
- Specialization in Tax Law – School of Law of the University of Buenos Aires (year of graduation: 2008).
- PhD in Economics with focus on Taxation. School of Economic Sciences of the University of Buenos Aires.
- Full Professor of “Taxation in Theory and Practice II” – School of Economic Sciences of the University of Buenos Aires.
- Graduate Course Professor at the School of Economic Sciences and the School of Law of the University of Buenos Aires, among other institutions.
- Deputy Director of the Department of Pedagogical Studies on Taxation – School of Economic Sciences of the University of Buenos Aires.
- Deputy Director of the Center of Economics and Crime – School of Economic Sciences of the University of Buenos Aires.
- Chairwoman of the Subcommittee on Tax Procedural Law and Criminal Tax Regime of the Professional Council of Economic Sciences of the City of Buenos Aires.
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Argentine Association of Fiscal Studies (periods: 2014-2016 and 2016-2018).
- Active Member of the Argentine Association of Fiscal Studies.
- Author of several publications, including a book titled Nulidades en materia tributaria(Cases of Invalidity in Taxation), which was published by the publishing company Edicon in 2012 and received an award the Argentine Association of Fiscal Studies in 2013.
Attorney-at-law and Notary Public. Graduated from the School of Law and Social Sciences of Universidad de Mendoza.
- Participant at the XIII Argentine Conference and the IX Ibero-American Conference on Corporate Law held on September 2016 in the Province of Mendoza.
- Languages: Spanish and English.